What is UFAW?
- UFAW Programmes
- UFAW and Animal Welfare
- A History of Improving Animal Welfare
- Hightlights from UFAW’s History
The Universities Federation for Animal Welfare (UFAW) is an independent registered charity that works to develop and promote improvements in the welfare of all animals through scientific and educational activity worldwide.
- Promotes and supports developments in the science and technology that underpin advances in animal welfare.
- Promotes education in animal care and welfare.
- Provides information, organises symposia, conferences and meetings, publishes books, videos, technical reports and the international quarterly scientific journal Animal Welfare.
- Provides expert advice to governments and other organisations and helps to draft and amend laws and guidelines.
- Enlists the energies of animal keepers, scientists, veterinarians, lawyers and others who care about animals.
UFAW is an independent organisation, and throughout its history its work has primarily been funded by donations, subscriptions and legacies. Your support, in continuing to advance the knowledge and understanding of animals' needs and how we can make lasting improvements to their well-being, is greatly appreciated.
Find out how you can support this work and improve the lives of animals! Click here
For current news and events click here